Sunday, December 1, 2019

Final Blog

Over the duration of this class, I have written 9 blogs. Many of the prompts were enjoyable to write about and allowed me to analyze the tales given for a second or third time and find symbolism, hidden meanings, and more. However, there were a few blogs that were poorer in quality because I did not enjoy the prompts. The prompts did not require me to analyze the actual text and I felt like they were pointless. Blog Entry 7 and 10 are examples of the types of blogs that I did not enjoy. I was ready to complete blog 10 and had more than enough time to, but I disliked the prompt so much that I skipped it entirely. I was not a fan of the cartoon related prompts at all. 
Throughout this course, I have grown to love reading the tales written by the Grimm brothers and have even read fairy tales outside of class just for fun. Which is a lot from someone who doesn’t like reading. The second essay was my favorite part of the entire course because I got the freedom to incorporate fairy tales into something I already knew a lot about- psychology. The difference between my first blog and my later produced ones is very noticeable. The first one had no images at all which makes it boring. Overall, it was boring. I think my later blogs are more enjoyable because they include images and are less formal than my academic writing. Overall, I really enjoyed the blog assignments because they were laid back and allowed me to reanalyze the text on my own. Sadly, I have to resort to my old ways and not include any pictures because I didn't want to use anything irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment